Saturday, September 1, 2007

Quick Update

I don't have too much time to write at the moment, but I thought I'd give you all a bit of an update. I did manage to find an apartment last weekend, and I'm very pleased with it overall! It's a studio in the 7th arrondissement on the Left Bank, about 4 blocks from the Musee d'Orsay. It's a bit more expensive than I originally hoped to spend, but after all the hassle of searching on roommate websites, I was happy to put out a bit more to have something settled. Plus, the neighboorhood is beautiful and the owner from whom I'm subletting is very pleasant and helpful! I'm moving in tomorrow morning and will be there until September 20th.

Other than that, I've had a nice week working on the projects while J is in Brazil doing a fashion show. The weather has improved slightly (as in low 70s) and we've had a couple nice visitors to the apartment, providing a bit of amusement in the evenings. Although I moved out of a youth hostel at the beginning of my visit, I eventually ended up living in one anyway! We've actually had up to 5 visitors at one time in the apartment but it's been really nice having all the company. I bought a little TV off of craigslist.org though to keep me company for the next couple weeks.

I also have a friend visiting this weekend from Dartmouth, so as the Harvard girls leave tomorrow, I'll have a bit of company to ease me back into a my more solitary existence!

I'll write more next week. I think we're going to be visiting some interesting sights like the catacombs, so I should have some fun things to recount.

No comments: